Any position on a game's board that may be occupied by that game's pieces.
Such occupation may be:
- singular and complete - a cell holds a single complete piece.
- singular and partial - a cell holds one part of a multi-celled piece.
- multiple - a cell holds many pieces, each one being complete or partial.
A cell may be multi-dimensional and can take a variety of shapes.
- Square, as in FIDE Chess;
- Hexagonal, as in Glinski's variant;
- a Point (zero dimensions), as in XiangQi
page revision: 2, last edited: 07 Apr 2008 08:56